You may submit the following forms for membership in several ways:
- You may download the form, fill in the blanks, print the form, and mail it to the WCA office, along with a check or the credit card information on the form.
- You may download the form, fill in the blanks (including the credit card information), save the form on your computer, then attach the saved form to an email to email@example.com.
- You may download the form, fill in the blanks (without the credit card information), save the form on your computer, then attach the saved form to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, AND THEN click on the payment form below to make your payment and/or a donation online in a secure setting. (We’ll match your membership fee payment to your membership application.)
If you have any questions or concerns about the membership forms, please email us at email@example.com.
Revised August 2, 2016
These membership qualifications in no way supersede or contravene the membership standards of The United Methodist Church for clergy or laity. The qualifications for WCA membership at this point are quoted from the bylaws and are preliminary. They will need to be affirmed by the larger gathering in October.
Membership Standards of the
Wesleyan Covenant Association
Section 1. Membership. Membership in the WCA may be held and acquired by the following:
A. Congregations who subscribe to the statement of faith and moral principles, Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Article I, and are willing to cooperate in their ministry through the WCA;
B. Clergy persons who subscribe to the statement of faith and moral principles, Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Article I, and are willing to cooperate in their ministry through the WCA;
C. Laity who subscribe to the statement of faith and moral principles, Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Article I, who are believing and confessing Christians, who acknowledge and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and who desire to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of love;
D. All individual members shall have the responsibility of supporting the WCA through:
1. Praying for the WCA, its ministries, and its members and leaders
2. Advocating for the WCA in their local church
3. Spreading the word about the WCA to neighboring congregations, clergy, and laity, encouraging their participation as appropriate
4. Supporting the WCA financially through their member congregation or through individual contributions of at least the annual amount determined by the WCA Council
Section 2. Voting.
A. Congregational Members. All organized congregations that have joined the WCA hold voting membership and are entitled to at least one voting delegate, even if the congregation has no clergy members of the WCA. At the member meetings of the WCA, lay delegates equal to the number of clergy WCA members serving that congregation shall represent each congregation. Where congregations have more than one clergy member of the WCA on staff, each shall be entitled to a vote, and the congregations shall be entitled to a corresponding lay delegate with vote.
B. Clergy Members. Clergy members, whether or not they are serving a WCA member congregation or are retired, are entitled to vote.
C. Lay Members. Lay members who are delegates representing their member congregations are entitled to vote as delegates. Lay members who are not delegates are entitled to voice, but not vote, at the member meetings. All lay members may participate by serving on the WCA Council and in other capacities within the WCA structure, with voice and vote in those capacities.
Section 3. Conditions of Membership. Conditions for acquiring and holding membership in the WCA are the following:
A. Agreement with and advocacy of the statement of faith and moral principles, Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Article I, and maintaining one’s teaching and conduct within the boundaries established therein.
B. For clergy members, currently an ordained or licensed clergy person and blameless in their life and administration. Persons previously but not currently ordained or licensed may be admitted as clergy members at the discretion of the WCA Council.
C. A congregation shall be received into membership based on affirmation of the statement of faith and moral principles, Sections 4, 5, and 6 of Article I, and the purposes, Section 3 of Article I, of the WCA by the congregation’s primary leadership body (church council or equivalent).
D. Approval of membership.
1. Congregations, clergy persons, and laypersons shall be received into membership at such time and manner, and according to such procedures, as shall be set forth by the WCA .
2. The WCA Council, or a committee of the Council, shall evaluate a clergy person or congregation who desires to become part of the WCA through its internal review process;
3. The WCA Council shall approve by majority vote the admission of congregational and clergy members.
E. Congregational, clergy, and lay supporting members, in order to remain in good standing, must contribute financially to the WCA at least an annual amount determined by the WCA Council. The WCA Council has established the following annual membership amounts:
i. Congregational Members – $1.50 per member per year
ii. Clergy and Lay Members – $100 per year (In cases of financial hardship, the WCA Council may reduce the fee upon request.)